- This item has been sold
- Model: V-Strom 1000 DL1000L2
- Year: 2012
- Price negotiable?: YES
- State: California
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 92705
- Listed: June 8, 2017 8:39 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
For sale is my 2012 Suzuki V-Strom DL1000L2. Needs nothing to start riding today, helmet et all!.
996cc V-Twin Adventure model, great looking in black and with streamlined locking monokey side and top cases + $2,000 of additional items.
• Excellent condition with 26.7K miles and lots of tread on tires.
• Super reliable and has never failed to start on first press even after a 5 month winter hiatus.
• The bike had its scheduled major service by the dealer and included valve adjust, spark plugs replaced, all fluids, rear brake pads and oil and air cleaner replaced so ready to go without a care.
• Meticulously maintained from chain oiling to scheduled services done by dealer.
• The tires are Metzler Tourance rear and Battlewing front. The rear has about 500 miles.
• All mfr recalls performed with most recent being replacement of voltage regulator.
• All service documentation is available.
• Clear Title in hand ready to sign over.
• Lots of pictures provided. If you need different closeups let me know and I’ll provide hirez photos.
• Includes tons of add-ons detailed below.
• This is a great bike for adventuring on and off road, commuting and comfortable for long distance journeys.
• The computer controlled fuel injected V-Twin is powerful in all 6 gears and the tuned dual exhaust has a great throaty note.
• Motor is powerful w/1000cc, sounds great…throaty and strong.
• A very smooth shifting six-speed transmission with sixth gear overdrive.
• Dual exhaust sounds and looks great with stainless shells and looks better than bikes with big gap under fender with single side exhaust
• A very large 5.8 Gal capacity tank gets you 250 miles between fills.
• Upright relaxed riding position, comfortable seat, aerodynamic fairing and adjustable shock preload front and back provide a great ride.
• The Madstad windshield angle and height are adjustable for optimal wind protection with minimal buffeting and hands are protected with the large hand guards.
• The 3 monokey adventure cases or panniers are expansive, feature large safety reflectors and are easily released to carry into camp or a hotel room. Turn key one way to release from bike, the other way to open the case.
• The locking top case will hold a helmet.
• Seat is removable and locks with ignition key for storage and includes stock tool kit.
• Helmet lock on bike that locks with ignition key.
$2000 of ADD-ONS DETAILED BELOW:
These extras are installed on the bike:
• Windshield – Madstad Adjustable Windshield 22″Adventure (+ stock shield is provided).
• Center stand added. A high quality original Suzuki part that is not included on the bike when purchased new
• Hi vizability super bright turn signals, flashing brake lights, running lights and voltmeter by P3 light system (Skene Design) thats meets Calif requirements. Provides that extra bit of safety.
• Crash Bars (Givi) protects the cowlings and engine .
• Throttle Tamer (G2 Ergonomics). Reduces throttle sensitivity.
• Power Center 12V Distribution (Eastern Beaver). Power for GPS and allows easy addition of more accessories.
• Fork Brace prevents fork twist.
• Center Ram Mount for phone or GPS provides perfect viewing placement while keeping eyes on the road.
• 2ea side mirror extenders allows you to see around your shoulders.
• Wide kickstand foot Works great to keep from sinking into soft soil as the small OEM foot will do.
• Fender Extender on front fender to keep debris from slinging up into oil cooler.
• Reflective Rim Black Tape on both sides of wheels and reflects drivers lights as bright silver for added safety.
• 12V waterproof accessories connector for phone, GPS etc.
• Handlebar pouch to carry insurance papers etc.
• Tank belt buckle guard in matching black.
• Streamlined side view mirrors (+stock mirrors)
Separately included (not installed):
• Skid Plate that was installed on this bike, SW Motech
• Shark Vision R helmet (XL) (lining cleaned). I like this model for the wide peripheral vision.
• Olympia armored riding jacket (XL) (cleaned)
• Battery tender to charge battery or keep it charged during long periods of inactivity.
• Full Cover, Dowco
• Freeway Blaster dual horn and wiring kit w/instructions (never got around to install it, but looks straight forward enough with lots of online tutorials)
• Rain Suit
• Magnetic Tank Bag
• Cramp Buster
• Original stock windshield and brackets
• Original stock mirrors.
• Original owners manual
• Spare key
Will consider reasonable offers. I can show the bike anytime
Similar to Vstrom, DL1000 Dl1000L2 dl1000, Tenere, Explorer, Tiger, GS, KTM, Africa Twin, NC700, VFR1200F, Versys, adventure tourer.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers