- Model: R80
- Year: 1978
- Street: Ambleside Ct
- City: Colleyville
- State: Texas
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 16870
- Listed: January 8, 2018 4:45 pm
- Expires: 82 days, 16 hours
After about 5 years of regular riding I’m selling my beautiful vintage airhead. I still ride her regularly among my other bike and she needs nothing except a new owner. Sold with custom California vintage plates ’78 R80 7′ with up to date tags.
Some highlights of the important details:
– Runs beautifully and is nicely dialled in. I’ve used it on numerous short and long haul rides and no issues with comfort, reliability or safety despite the age.
– Kick start taken from a later model R75 and added to the R80 – super convenient and works, provided you know how to kickstart an airhead which is a skill
– Unfortunately the odometer stopped rolling over. Estimated milage is somewhere around 60k. Lights and everything else work. There is a great local place I recommend that can repair: http://www.paspeedo.com
– Upgraded suspension: Progressive shocks in the front, Red Wing in the rear. Handles as well as a bike like this can.
– Custom seat and rear ducktail with integrated LED signals and brake lights. Battery box also has an integrated toolbox for the essentials while fitting a brand new Odyssey battery.
– Bike was redone top to bottom about 6 years ago and I’ve been riding it very regularly since. Service records available. Tuned by Ted Porter’s Beemer Shop is Scott’s Valley (One of the best airhead mechanics in the US) and Recommended Service in San Francisco (Dave has now retired and closed but was the local expert). Semi-Synthetic oil with original BMW oil filters only. I’m pretty fussy about maintenance so bike has never been neglected and always ride, charged, services, etc. I brought the bike from Canada with me 4 years ago where I originally bought it. Its always been garaged and never spend a night outside or in the rain. I believe it its originally from the US but I encourage any prospective buyer to get a motorcycle history report if you’d like more history then the last 6 years since its restoration.
– Handlebar is from an R90s and despite the appearance the bike is otherwise true to original with minimal add ons.
You can find a video of it starting up here: https://youtu.be/AVssJh3Xw-Y
Note an iPhone doesn’t capture the exhaust sounds correctly – sounds much deeper then the recording.
I can help arrange shipping for buyers outside of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Similar to: Moto Guzzi v7, Triumph Scrambler, Bonneville, Thruxton, RnineT, brat, bobber, R100, R90, R80, R75, R60, airhead, cafe, ducati
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers